My 2020 Intentions
My 2020 Intensions
Main Goal: Overall Health & Wellness [By that I don’t mean a ‘diet’ or depriving myself of any food or drink just making sure to keep everything in moderation and add a few things to my routine to feel even better.
1) Fitness: Be consistent with yoga— I love yoga and I feel so good afterwards but sometimes after a long day it’s hard to get yourself into workout gear, leave the house and in my case, the mom guilt sets in and I feel bad leaving the girls to do something for myself. That has to change because a happier me is a better mom and that is who I want to be. // I may try to dabble in the gym and HIIT training as well but that is a maybe. Once the yoga becomes consistent I will try to add more to my schedule*
2) Internal Health: I am always complaining about being low energy but that’s probably because I never sit down, lol! I’m always looking for ways to boost my mood and keep going so I will be looking more into what can help with that. If any of you have any suggestions— I’m all ears! So for right now my daily vitamin intake includes:
- MCT oil in my AM coffee w/a Omega 369 softgel
- Collagen powder in my afternoon smoothie
- Biotin softgel before bed
- And looking to add a multivitamin and energy booster soon*
I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about CBD oil and it’s benefits for sleep, focus and energy so I may give that a try once I find a reputable source. Keep you guys posted on that*
3) External Self Care: I don’t do very much for myself, again, because of the mom/wife guilt. I always feel like I need to be the moving part in our family to make things work ie: my hubby needs to go to the gym/I’ll be there to watch the kids, my kids have a class/I’ll be available to take them, my parents need help with something/I will cancel my plans to be there— and this all at the sacrifice of whatever I have planned. I’m trying to be better about making myself a priority too. So right now what that looks like is:
- A massage 1x [possibly 2x] a month
- A facial [which I still have NEVER had] 1x a month
That’s all for right now. If I could actually incorporate these 2 things into my monthly routine I’d be happy. Baby steps, right?
4) Organization: I am someone that thrives on organization, schedules, and goals so in that regard there are a few things I just haven’t been able to get a handle on this last year that I’d really like to work on.
- Meal Planning: Whether this be lunches for me and hubby or dinners for the whole family— I’m terrible at this! My hubby loves to cook where as I cook and eat to survive, lol. I love good food but I just don’t enjoy making it. I feel like those that are good at cooking either are extremely creative and can make something out of nothing or they have their go to staple recipes so I’m looking to be the person on the latter end of things. I need 7-10 good, healthy, simple and easy recipes to add to our daily life. Again if any of you have recipes you don’t mind sharing please send them my way!
- Set Wake Up/Sleep Time & Set Morning/Night Routine: This is a 2 part intention— I wake up at all different times and I sleep at all different times during the week because everybody’s schedule in this house is so different. I’d like to instead wake up and sleep at the same time everyday [give or take 30 mins/kids can be unpredictable sometimes] to give my body an internal clock it can rely on. I think they may also help with my energy level during the day— if my body feels rested I should feel more alert, makes sense, no? I hope so.
- And part 2, the morning and night routine mostly consists of skincare. In the recent past I’ve been more aware of my age and the fact that I’m no spring chicken so if I want to continue looking like one I should take care of myself. I won’t lie, I am 100% guilty of falling asleep many times with my makeup on! 🤦🏻♀️ [I know, so terrible! 😖] But if I’m allowed to make a small excuse— I always found it such a task to remove everything throughly and when you’re tired an additional 10-15 mins is just torture. But now I’ve found some good, quick and easy products to help me with my routines. If you’re interested to know what I use for removing my makeup and putting on my skin for night & day let me know in the comments below and I’ll be sure to do a blog post about it.
And that’s it! I rambled on a bit but it’s 4 main intentions with a few little things to focus on. To me it seems achievable but a challenge at the same time and I like that.
It’s only been a few days but so far I’m liking the direction my 2020 is headed. Let’s see how the rest of the year goes.
What are your resolutions or intentions for the year? I’d love to hear about it!
k a r e n xx
Just reading your blog and truly enjoying it. I hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy during this difficult and uncertain time with Covid-19.
The reason I am writing is because I read you do not enjoy cooking, I go through spurts where I like cooking then I don’t have the urge to do it. Anyways I have a great recipe and it’s quite easy for crockpot turkey chili. I mean if I can make it, girl you can make it.
I found it on pinterest!
k a r e n 🌿
Thanks so much for your comment, Emily! I appreciate you taking the time to offer me an easy recipe. I’d love to try it out. Let me know where exactly I can find it. I hope you and your loved ones are doing well also ♥️